Thursday, March 31, 2011

So Long, Beach

We're down to the last couple days at the beach and I guess we got picture fatigue, because there really wasn't many pictures left. We spent the rest of the time out on the beach mostly. We were all getting pretty exhausted and I don't think we could have made it much longer. Our first vacation together as a family of four, and really our first big one with Drew, was an amazing success. It's always a little nerve wracking about how things will go, but they both did great. Katie said if all of our vacations can go this well as a family then we will have a pretty great life and I have to agree. Drew and I of course spent more time out in the sand, and a little bit in the ocean. Our last night for dinner we went to a place called Mikee's where we both had the Amberjack which was delicious. Drew and I had our picture taken with the captain. The dinner itself was kind of a disaster actually, as Katie had to take Allie out because she wouldn't stop crying, and I had to make a special trip to the bathroom with Drew that happened just a little too late. We rolled with it though and made the best of it and eventually went out for ice cream again. We had to leave early the next morning to get back for Drew's t-ball practice and I really don't know how we made it in time. I didn't let anyone out for any bathroom breaks at all. We almost had another traffic disaster on the way home. We were already back in Memphis when we hit a slow down and the car behind us decided to slam on his brakes instead of gradually slowing down. He almost slammed into the back of us, having to veer off into the shoulder to avoid us. Drew and I finished the vacation the next day with a Man Day. He loves doing stuff with me or my dad and calling it Man Stuff. We actually just went to the Children's Museum and then had lunch at Central BBQ. The weekend ended with a special day at church where we had a dedication service for Drew and Allie. Look for it in the next post!






No comments: