I can't believe it has been a whole week since I have posted. So that would make Allie another week older and almost two weeks old now. She is still doing great, sleeping, eating, voiding, stooling, and a little crying mostly. Katie is doing well and has recovered enough to begin taking care of us all again. Drew is still a caring and doting big brother, although I think a little bit of the newness is beginning to wear off. Katie's mom has stayed with us for the past week and it has been a huge help for the overnight feedings and taking care of things around here. We have had lots of great friends and family bringing over delicious meals with more to come I am sure. I went back to work this week, finishing out Genetics and starting back at St. Jude on Friday. Thus, I will be on call every 4 nights this month while I miss my family immensely. My sister is at LeBonheur this month and we were in Grand Rounds together Wednesday morning for the first time. That was pretty cool that Dr. Yaun and future Dr. (Yaun) Morris were sitting there together listening to a lecture. However, I will admit that I slept through the majority of the talk since I had been on guest call in the ICU the night before and didn't get any sleep. We watched the Tigers lose on Wednesday and somehow pull out a win today despite not making a field goal for over ten minutes in the second half. Wednesday night I was sitting on the couch with Drew and I was reminded about how I used to sit on the couch with my mom as a kid and watch the Tigers play basketball. Drew has also been all about earning stickers for his karate folder this week. He gets them for things like cleaning up, teamwork, kindness, and various other things. When he completes them all he will get a stripe for excellence at his karate class. Katie and I got to go watch him at karate while her mom kept Allie. Last night and now tonight we are watching the Grizzlies as they now have a winning record and are in the playoff hunt. Drew is becoming quite the little Grizzlies fan lately too. He has been learning how to use his Leapster Tag Reader and really likes playing games and reading books with it. I already had these pictures ready, but I will give a little teaser for the next post. Allie's cord fell off yesterday and we just gave her her first bath, so the next post will have pictures of that- once I get done with being on call during the Super Bowl.












2 comments:
What a sweet family! She is so beautiful! Drew looks like such a little man...it is crazy how time flies!
Papa and Gigi were thrilled about Dr. Yaun and Dr. Yaun Morris being in Grand Rounds together. We are very proud of both of you!
The pictures are precious - Drew is such a good big brother!
Post a Comment