Saturday, September 24, 2011

Bend It Like Drew

T-ball is over and now it's fall. Drew is still too young for football or basketball. That leaves soccer as our fall sport this year. Not that I mind all that much. I grew up playing soccer and of course it has exploded in popularity the last 20 years, especially around here. And I think we may have found Drew's sport. He seems to be a natural. He picks up on things really fast, has a good leg, and really enjoys it too. We've had three games so far, all of which Drew's team has "won" according to him. Actually today is the first one they actually won. Not that there is an actual scorekeeper or anything. They play on pretty small fields with four on a side at a time without goalies. They have line changes every four minutes in a 16 minute half. Drew hasn't scored a goal yet, but he has come very close the last two weeks now. The first game he was a little timid to get in there and go after the ball, but he is starting to warm up now. I think it is just a matter of time before he starts putting a couple in the net. Drew plays on the Sharks. And he has two uniforms for a 4 year old's soccer team. Only every team in the league is the same two colors- teal and black. They just wear alternating jerseys every game. So even though you see Drew with his friend below and they are wearing the same uniform, they are not, in fact, on the same team. That's them showing off their game faces in the second picture. The next week Drew wore his black uniform and was ready for the Tigers game that day too. His third game was today, but I kind of forgot to take any pictures. Hopefully I'll be posting one of his first goal soon.










1 comment:

Gigi said...

He is such a cute soccer player!